How will Covid-19 change your journey?
For a list of countries that are considered travel corridors - please click here - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors#travel-corridors-countries-and-territories-exemption-list
For a list of countries that are exempt from advice against all but essential travel - please click here - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-countries-and-territories-exempt-from-advice-against-all-but-essential-international-travel
Before you travel
- Please do not travel if you are displaying any (high temperature, persistent cough, loss of taste or smell).
- Check the status of your flight with your airline as some schedules are still subject to change.
- Please only travel to the airport if you have a flight booked. Only passengers travelling should come to the airport, non-flying members of the public are not permitted inside, unless they are escorting a passenger that needs special assistance (further information can be found below).
- Make sure you arrive at the airport with a suitable face covering, as these must be worn throughout your journey, including on airport busses and in the terminal building. Additional masks can be purchased at most airports.
- To help people keep their distance from each other and limit the number of people in security at any one time, some airports are giving you the opportunity to book a dedicated slot. Please check with your Personal Travel Agent who will be able to advise on this.
- Make sure you check the latest government advice regarding travel to your destination and any entry requirements for passengers.
Staying safe at the airport*
To help reduce the risk of infection and to keep you and airport staff safe, a number of additional measures have been introduced at some airports. Social distancing won’t always be possible in an airport environment, but please keep a safe distance between you and other people whenever possible. The following other measures are likely to be in place to keep you safe:
- You must keep your face covered on all parts of the airport campus, including on airport buses, so please bring a face covering with you. Your airline may not permit you to fly if your face is uncovered. Additional masks will be available to purchase inside the terminal(s).
- Please clean your hands regularly. This can be done with soap and water. Additional hand sanitising stations have also been installed throughout airports.
- Some airports are trialling the use of temperature screening technology which you will see on the entry to security.
- There will be enhanced cleaning regimes in place throughout airports – you may see these teams in operation.
- In some cases protective screens have been installed at various locations throughout the terminals, including check-in desks and security.
- Some airports are trialling the use of UV cleaning technology on escalators to keep handrails as clean as possible.
(please note information may vary by airport)
- If you have booked special assistance, please head to the special assistance area within the airport. Airport staff will be equipped with protective clothing and wheelchairs are cleaned thoroughly after each use. Those requiring special assistance are permitted to take one other non-flying member of the public with them to help them get to the assistance point.
- The rules on hand luggage have not changed, so please ensure any liquids are in containers of less than 100ml (including hand gel) and placed in a clear plastic bag before entering security. Laptops and tablets should also be outside your bag. However, in light of COVID-19 some airlines have changed their cabin baggage policy so please check with your airline as there is nowhere to store left luggage.
- Please keep your face covering on as you pass through security, although you may be asked to remove it if you are selected for an additional search.
- Please be prepared for things to take slightly longer at security as the airport staff adapt to new ways of working.
In the departure lounge
- Please observe any signage regarding queueing systems which may be in place and keep your distance from others where possible. This includes seating areas and in the toilets.
- Whilst this will vary by airport please prepare for limited shops to be open and limited availability of food and drink inside the terminal.
Getting to and from the aircraft
- Airports will be trying to limit the number of flights which require a bus journey between the terminal and the aircraft. However, where this is not possible, they will be keeping bus journeys as short as possible and limiting the number of people onboard. Please remember to keep your face covered at all times.
Onboard your flight
- Whilst every airline will vary slightly in their onboard protocols, you should be prepared for there to be no or limited onboard service. Aircraft are already fitted with HEPA filters, the same as those used in hospitals, replacing cabin air every three to four minutes. The cabin will be thoroughly disinfected daily, which provides surface protection from viruses that lasts for at least 24 hours. As your Personal Travel Agent I've got lots of handy further information regarding the different airlines you may be travelling with. Please speak to me further about this. Depending on the airline you are travelling with - there maybe restrictions with the onboard service - but please check with your Personal Travel Agent for the airline you are travelling with.
Returning to the UK
- Please keep your face covered in the terminal except if asked to remove it by Border Force officers.
- Remember to keep your distance as far as possible when collecting your baggage and leaving the airport.
- Please leave the terminal as soon as you have collected any baggage. If you are being picked up, please arrange to be met at the car in the designated area.
For further information specific to your airport please use these links
Manchester Airport Click here
Birmingham Airport Click here
Gatwick Airport Click here
Heathrow Airport Click here
Luton Airport Click here
Stansted Airport Click here
Bristol Airport Click here
Cardiff Airport Click here
East Midlands Airport Click here
Leeds Bradford Airport Click here
Liverpool Airport Click here
Newcastle Airport Click here
Glasgow Airport Click here
Edinburgh Airport Click here