Balmoral is named after the Scottish residence of the British Royal Family, and the Scottish theme runs throughout the main dining venues – the Ballindalloch, Avon and Spey – where guests can enjoy tantalising menus prepared by our expert chefs.
Facilities on board
- While you won’t find gimmicks such as climbing walls and wave machines on board Balmoral, you will find plenty to keep you entertained on board throughout the duration of your cruise.
- With talks, lectures and classes taking place during the day, and fantastic live performances – including cabaret, stand-up comedy and intimate shows from the resident bands and singers – to enjoy in the evening, there’s something for everyone.
Food and Drink
- Indulging in a wide range of delicious dishes – painstakingly prepared by our expert chefs – in the elegant and intimate dining venues on board is an undoubted highlight on any Balmoral cruise.
- Tuck in to fantastic, 5-course a la carte menus in the beautiful Ballindalloch, Spey and Avon Restaurants; a tempting self-service buffet in the Palms Café; or treat yourself to favourites such as perfectly cooked steaks and burgers in the al fresco setting of The Grill – whatever you choose, we’re sure you’ll enjoy an unforgettable dining experience.
- ake care of your mind and body while cruising the world’s waterways on board Balmoral.
- Relax in a bubbling Jacuzzi as stunning scenery drifts slowly by, or keep fit with a few lengths of the heated pools; enjoy a massage or manicure and indulge in the sensual surroundings of the Atlantis Spa; stay in shape in the fully equipped Fitness Centre and much more.
- Occupancy: 1325
- Length: 218.05m
- Tonnage: 43,537 grt
Interior Rooms on board Balmoral are approx. 160 sq ft so there’s ample room, and all feature their own en-suite. Most en-suites are fitted with a shower, although selected en-suites are fitted with a bath (with a shower over the bath). All rooms are complete with everything you need for a comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable stay, including a desk, telephone, interactive television, hairdryer, air conditioning and tea and coffee making facilities.
Ocean View Rooms on board Balmoral range from approx. 165 sq ft to approx. 200 sq ft in Superior Ocean View Rooms. There’s ample room to relax and enjoy the view from either your porthole or picture window, and each room is complete with everything you need for a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Amenities include an en-suite (most are fitted with a bath and a shower over the bath, others with a shower), a telephone, interactive television, hairdryer, air conditioning and tea and coffee making facilities.
Balcony Rooms on board Balmoral range from approx. 180 sq ft to approx. 190 sq ft in Superior Balcony Rooms and feature a private balcony – the perfect place to indulge in superb ocean views, the soothing sea air and a sense of uncanny peace and tranquillity. Inside your room you’ll find there’s ample room to relax too, as well as everything you need for a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Amenities include an en-suite with a bath and shower over the bath (selected en-suites are fitted with a shower), a desk, telephone, interactive television, hairdryer, air conditioning and tea and coffee making facilities.
Suites on board Balmoral are the ultimate indulgence and range from approx. 200 sq ft in a Single Balcony Suite to approx. 430 sq ft in a Premier Suite. Featuring a private balcony and a separate sitting area, Suites are like a home-from-home from which to enjoy incredible sea views and unrivalled relaxation. Most Suites feature an en-suite with a bath (and a shower over the bath), although some Superior Suites have an en-suite with a shower. They’re equipped with an interactive television, a telephone, a hairdryer, air conditioning, tea and coffee making facilities, a refrigerator and mini-bar. Guests also benefit from our Suite Dreams package, which includes a welcome bottle of sparkling wine, flowers in your Suite, luxury towels, complimentary water and much more to ensure your stay is even more comfortable, relaxing and memorable