About your UK break
This fantastic cycling holiday will be based out of Derwent Bank. You will find the perfect mix of relaxation and challenge as you tackle the rolling roads of the Lakes, before returning to comfort and views of the mountains. Here you can relax with your choice of tipple on the sun terrace or shelter from the elements in the conservatory.
Over the course of the rides, you will explore quiet country lanes, fells and pretty lakeside roads. The area is also rich in heritage, from the ancient stone circle at Castlerigg to signs of the more recent small-scale mining industry. So join us for this wonderful tour of the Lake District, all set in a friendly and social environment and led by at least two of our experienced guides.
Day 1 - Arrival in Keswick
Day 2 - Surrounding Skiddaw - 37 miles / 60 kms approx
Day 3 - Castlerigg and Around the Great Mell - 29 miles / 47 kms Approx
Why I chose this offer
- Stay at Derwent Bank, Keswick – a comfortable HF Country House sitting directly on the banks of Derwent Water
- Spin your legs gently along country lanes or challenge them as you climb up towards some Lakeland fells
- Admire the vista across the lake to Skiddaw and Blencathra
- Treat yourself to delicious cake pit-stops in charming local cafés
- Let the lovely Lakeland landscapes inspire your daily cycling
- Visit Castlerigg Stone Circle – an ancient monument built around 3000 BC
16th July or 8th October 2021
Factfile on UK Breaks
Whether it’s a weekend away in the Lakes, a Lodge with a Hot Tub on the Isle of Wight, a Themed break in a Stately home, or a week on a Narrowboat – The UK has loads of options for when you just want to get away. Maybe you dont like flying or want to take a Pet – whatever the reason it’s easy to forget that we have an incredible variety of things to do on our doorstep....Read more